Rotary Conifer Evening Club Meeting Information
Mornings are difficult for some of us, that is why we now have an evening club. Please join us at 5:30 PM every second and fourth Wednesday of the month at St. Laurence Episcopal Church, 26812 Barkley Rd. in Conifer. We have the same interests and ambitions as the morning club, a group that endeavors to help people in our local mountain community and around the world.
Donate to Rotary Conifer Community Projects
Program: CONIFER AREA COUNCIL
Shirley Johnson, President of Conifer Area Council
Today we learned about how important the Conifer Area Council (CAC) is for our community. They have the motto: "Where Mountains Wildlife and Independent Spirit Meet". CAC is a not for profit organization, providing a forum to identify and address community issues. They started to organize in 1997 to represent our community as the original 285 Corridor Plan was updated. The Council became an organization in 2002.
The Council provides a forum for sharing ideas, bringing issues to the community for consideration. Probably their most visible activity is the Conifer Town Hall meeting series, of which there are four each year. Their next meeting will address the King’s Valley interchange, with CDOT participating.
Other community support includes:
- Periodic surveys to get inputs from the community.
- Regular development updates, and they report at the Town Hall Meetings.
- Study action Teams: Trails and Community Vision Action Teams.
- Trails Action Team is working to connect all the resources via non-motorized trail system.
- The Community Vision team reaches out to the community to get ideas, such as the Conifer Loop, the development of “public places”, Conifer Historic District, preservation and restoration of historic buildings and properties. Their projects include working on getting an urgent care service for Conifer, recycling (needs an advocate), signage for Conifer (defining and developing the character of the community).
The CAC is soliciting new members in order for the Council to continue the projects. They project a large population increase and therefore need help with planning the community development.
Cam Thomas, Ben Allen, Anna Carolina (Brazilian Exchange Student), Terry Hermsmeyer (Boulder Rotary), and Bill Taylor
- Conifer High School football at 7pm this Friday.
- The Foundation Board announced that November 8 the organizations that are receiving grants will come to receive their money.
- Shed painting will be at 10 am this Saturday. Please come and bring brushes and rollers---and a ladder if you have one.
- Pat Hagan attended the International Service meeting last week. The discussion was primarily about Haiti.
- Please bring oatmeal packets and pudding for the backpacks.
- Boogie at the Barn is Saturday October 29. We have the job of breaking down the bar at the end of the event.
- The Board meeting will be held tomorrow (Weds) at 6 pm at Mark’s home.
50/50: Ed Steinbrecher
Contact us by email at: RotaryClub@RotaryConifer.org
Our postal address is: PO Box 1430, Conifer CO 80433
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Charles HarrisonOctober 14
Lesley LandonOctober 15
Diana PhelpsOctober 17
Jill DeemOctober 23
Charlotte WytiasOctober 28
Suzanne BarkleyOctober 28
Lee WillisOctober 31
Ruth MooreTed GroffOctober 16